- “Straight Up” (Circus Oz) – USA tour, Feb/March 2017
- “Death by Soprano” (written by Isabel Heritage; dir. Don Bridges) : Regional Victorian tour 2016 including Swan Hill PAC; Williamstown Mechanics Institute; Wangaratta PAC; West Gippsland Arts Centre; Forge Theatre and Arts Hub, Bairnsdale and Kyneton Town Hall.
- “Death by Soprano” : Melba Spiegeltent, 2015, Melbourne Fringe Festival
- “Between the Cracks” Yana Alana (Sarah Ward): Auckland International Cabaret Festival, 2015 and Adelaide Fringe Festival, 2015
- Bastille Day French Festival, July 2017 ( with “Belle Musette”)
- Lomond Hotel, July 2017 (with “Andy Scott’s Honky-Tonk Swing”
- Sofitel Hotel “Fete de la Musique” July 2017 (with “Belle Musette”)
- solo roving accordion, “200 yrs of the bike” day, Brunswick Velodrome”
- “Carols by the Lake”, Coburg Lake Reserve, December 2016
- “Gabriel Gate’s French Christmas in July, 2016; RACV Healesville Club
Pianist and accordionist Jo Abbott has been an active member of the Melbourne music scene since here arrival in 1998, after spending a year playing music in Ireland and Spain.
Jo gained her B.Mus (piano) from the Qld Conservatorium of Music, her Postgraduate Diploma in Performance from the Victorian College the Arts and a wealth of accordion experience in theatre performance in Brisbane and a year spent honing her accordion skills in Ireland and Spain as a solo and ensemble performer.
Prior to her Irish adventure, Jo worked in Brisbane as composer/performer with the “Music for the Heart and Mind” series, a popular contemporary classical concert series initiated by composer Rob Davidson. Jo also worked as accompanist/music director for theatre performer Annie Lee on various shows including “The Amazing Travelling Reincarnation Show” and “Women in Voice”. Jo was invited to be composer/performer/music director for “Sita Dances” (written, choreographed and performed by Kerensa Johnson) for the Hong Kong Fringe Festival, 1997 and a subsequent season in Brisbane.
Other career highlights include:
- promotional recording for “Once-the Musical” Melbourne
- invited pianist for “Play Me, I’m Yours”, Melbourne; Victorian Arts Centre opening concert
- Music Director/arranger/performer for “Kids Thrive” shows, 2014 and 2015 (directors: Andrea Rieniets and Ande Lemon)
- Nicholas Cabaret Orchestra, 2014, pianist; conductor: Eric Klay
- Live en Aout Festival New Caledonia, with Grand Cafe Brazil
- awarded the Margaret Schofield Accompanist Prize for best pianist in Heats, National Liederfest, 2015